||This Was The Moment||

You know that feeling that you get when you become a mom for the first time and how you think that the newborn phase is the most precious time? It's the hardest but most special with nursing moments and the sweet stillness of a baby who wants nothing but their mother to cuddle into. You think that you want time to stand still in that moment because you know it will pass too quickly. Then that baby grows into a rambunctious, always moving toddler and you miss those still moments so badly. Then they learn how to show you love in totally different ways than cuddling and wanting to be held. They learn how to wrap their little arms around your neck and squeeze so tight. They learn how to kiss you themselves and say "luh oo" back. It's officially tornado season here in Arkansas which means many sleepless nights watching the weather and security systems going off to warnings. How can anyone sleep through that? The other night was one of those nights. Liv woke up because of the alarms and it took her a while to go back to sleep. We try really hard to make her stay in her bed unless it's something like that or if she's sick. Then she can sleep with us. I brought her in our bed around 2 in the morning and she was no where near tired at that point. So we laid in bed and watched the lightning flicker through the window and listened to the rain as daddy snored. Because you know men can literally sleep through anything. She laid there so still in my arms just watching and commenting every time it happened. Then as it died down and it was time to go back to sleep she would flop over to Bradley and lay on him patting his chest then flip over to me and do the same. I was so exhausted and had to get up for work in a few hours but all she wanted to do was lay on my chest and pat my face. Looking into her big brown eyes just made me weap. Granted I am 4 months pregnant and very emotional but that moment meant so much to me as a mother. The way she laid her head on my chest and just stared at me like she knew she was so safe and loved. Then she reached up and kissed me and said "nigh nigh" as she laid back down and fell asleep. Oh my. Cue the crocodile tears and heart melting. She's seriously the sweetest little baby and already knows how to love. These are the moments I was created for.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Post Ads (Documentation Required)