18 Weeks and A Little Truth


How Far Along: 18 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 6 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: I am currently making my first big purchase of maternity clothes. I don't have any pants that fit without using a belly band so I figured it was time. 
Best Moment This Week: Feeling a lot more kicks and movement. :)
Gender: The baby wouldn't cooperate at our last appointment so we have to wait another 3 and a half weeks to find out.
Movement: I've been feeling a lot more movement this week. Some days its a lot for a few hours then some days its only a little bit. They're still not super strong so I'm still just assuming that these little taps going on is the baby.
Food Cravings: Basically the same things I've been craving lately; cherry limeade, cherry tomatoes, and jalapenos.
Food Aversions: Bacon 
What I Miss: So this is my truth section! I've really popped this week and to be completely honest, I'm having a hard time dealing with watching my body change even though I love this little babe more than anything. I've always been fairly skinny and I've always had the fear that I would blow up during pregnancy. I know I'm not that big yet, but I have had sort of an emotional reaction. I am happy to be seeing our little babe grow and knowing that he/she is healthy and I will get over these selfish emotions when I get used to seeing this baby bump and actually get some maternity pants that fit. Don't judge, I feel like a lot of women have these types of thoughts and feelings but many don't talk about it. 
Sleep: It's been challenging again. I toss and turn all night and my back kills me in the mornings when I wake up.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Our next doctor's appointment. Of course to find out the gender but more to see our little babe close up. I can't wait to see his/her little face and the different intricate body parts/systems that God is so carefully creating inside me.
Belly Button: In, but starting to flatten a little.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Post Ads (Documentation Required)