{Letters to Liv}-10 MONTHS

Livy,

My, oh my, is your little personality coming out. You are currently ignoring me as I tell you not to pull on Daddy's computer cord. Needless to say you do not like the word "No" right now. You just ignore us or act like you didn't hear/don't know what it means, but you totally do. You are understanding more and more everyday. You probably learn a new word every day or two now. You love to learn. You'll go grab objects, bring them to us, and hold them out like you are trying to ask "what's this?" It's so cute. You love crawling in circles through the kitchen and into the living room. You love to play with water bottles and drink from them. The sippy cup drinking is not going so hot right now. You would prefer to drink from our open cups rather than you hold one and drink through a straw or nipple. You are still waking up every hour or two during the night to nurse. You are a little dare devil now that you move all around on your own. It's making me nervous in our bed now. It's about time to start trying to transition you to your crib and to only bottles and that is NOT going well at all. You are probably going to be very difficult to wean from nursing and when I try to just give you a bottle, you scream and won't take it. Then you look up at me with that puckered lip and I swear you say "Mommy." It breaks my heart in two and I cave in every time. I have hopes to wean you completely by the time you turn 1.

You are getting pickier with the foods you eat now. You definitely have your favorite things and preferences. You do not like peas or green beans. In fact you don't ever gag on anything and you had green beans for the first time again a few nights ago and gagged so bad. You are not a fan of brown rice but still love broccoli, cauliflower, fried ham, apples, and of course your black beans. You had black beans, avocado, and a whole wheat tortilla for dinner the other night and was in heaven. I need to find more meals for you now that you can eat meats. We'll see what I come up with and what you like this next month.

You finally cut your first tooth last week and you have been saying a whole lot more. I'm definitely convinced now that teething and speech production go hand in hand during development. I swear you have said "cup" and "ball" in context, but it could just be that I've literally been listening for anything. Last night you finally said "babababa" in a true babbling way. I was so so excited and of course you wouldn't let me get a good video of it. I know the rest will come soon and you might even start producing single words rather than really babbling. Which would be more than okay, too. You still haven't said "mama" or "dada" but I know it's coming because you have the /m/ and /d/ consonants. You blow raspberries all the time now and think it's so fun. If you can't figure something out you will grunt at it and it's hilarious. You started clapping your hands this past Sunday all on your and now you do it ALL the time to get a reaction out of us. You understand cause and effect now and you love all of your little ball popper toys.

You still love to be chased, tickled, sung to, played with, take a bath and you love to take Nova outside. You will sprint crawl to one of us so we can take her out. You love it. You also love to just be outside period. We went to Grandma's community gathering at her church this past Sunday afternoon and you had your first sno cone. You are definitely an observer. It took you forever to open up to everyone and come out of your shell. You are totally my child, that's just like me.

Your first birthday party planning is in full force now. We are going up to Nana and Papa's for the 4th of July this weekend and I'm excited to see you swim in their big pool and watch fireworks for the first time. We love you so much and love this stage you are in.

Love,
Mama


No comments :

Post a Comment

Post Ads (Documentation Required)