-Happy Holidays 2015-

We just wrapped the holiday season and once again we have been SO blessed. Spending time with family and letting everyone get to spend time with Liv was better than getting presents. When your a kid and even a young adult, you don't really understand the true meaning of Christmas. As you get older you become more and more aware of the important things. I found myself this Christmas, not caring at all about gifts. I can honestly say that the way I felt this year was a first for me. My heart was so full. All I wanted to do was spend time with my baby girl and my family. We headed up to Branson on Monday and spent 3 days with my family. It was so refreshing and wonderful. We came back home Christmas Eve night to start our own tradition with Liv on Christmas morning at our house.

All I could think about this holiday season was how much my heart has grown in areas that I didn't even know existed. Having a child of my own has opened my eyes and my heart to the true meaning of a lot of things. Especially the true meaning of Christmas. All of my focus shifted away from me and onto Liv. I thought about our Lord and Savior and about the story of His birth. I prayed about Bradley and I being able to teach her the important things and to always love God and Jesus. We read many Christmas books to her throughout the weeks leading up to Christmas, but the Children's book I got her that has 25 Christmas stories from the Bible in it was our favorite. It read about Jesus' birth, the 3 Wisemen, and the Star of Bethlehem.

Watching family love on Liv and everyone showing happiness this season made me appreciate things so much more. She brings out the best in everyone and makes everything bad disappear. I thank God daily for giving us the most precious gift of His son and the blessing of our baby. I hope everyone had fun filled holidays.










Your first trip to Silver Dollar City. You loved watching the parade and all the bright Christmas lights.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Post Ads (Documentation Required)