-Letters to Liv {1 Month}-

My sweet baby girl,
I had intended to write your first letter when you turned 1 month old. You are now 6.5 weeks old and growing so so fast. You got your first round of shots last Thursday and boy oh boy did it break your Mama's heart. You were a champ though and only cried for a second. You weigh 11.5 lbs. and are 24 1/4 inches long. You've gained 3.5 lbs. and grown 3 inches since you were born. You are in the 99th percentile for height and your Daddy and I just know you're going to be a 6 foot point guard. You currently love your Mama the most and instantly calm when I'm around. I secretly love it but shh don't tell Daddy. You love to look at fans and your puppy dog, you love to take baths, and to eat. You're not a fan of tummy time although you were a pro at holding your head up since you came out of the womb, you don't particularly like pacifiers but are learning that they're okay, you HATE being hot (you're hot natured, just like your Daddy), and you can get very hangry if Mama waits too long to feed you. You have recently started smiling when you are talked to and it's the cutest little grin ever. You are also tracking objects and turning your head from side to side. You are currently going 2.5-3 hours between feedings during the day and will go as long as 4.5 hours during the night.

I constantly stare in awe at you and try to take in every little detail while you are this young and will let me. I always want to remember your features, your scent, your cries, your happy sounds, the way you look at me with such innocence and excitement, and the way you need and trust me. I never imagined that I could love someone so much but you and your Daddy have me completely blown away with the amount of love I have for you both. I pray that we can do our best to always keep you safe and raise you to be a woman of God. I know we can't always be by your side and protect you from everything which breaks my heart more than you know, but I trust that God will always be holding your hand guiding you through life in good times and bad.

Baby girl, you have completely turned our world upside down and in the best way. How did we ever do life before you? You are the biggest blessing and we are so thankful God chose us to be your parents.

I love you so much,

Mama




No comments :

Post a Comment

Post Ads (Documentation Required)